CCD stands for the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. Its purpose is to invite young people to come together on a weekly basis to learn about, and share, their faith. St. Mary’s CCD classes are held on Wednesdays from 4:15 to 5:30 pm. They are required for any student not enrolled in Catholic Schools as a means of preparing to receive the sacraments. Our classes meet 32 times a year, in conjunction with the Lincoln Public Schools schedule.
Cancellation Policy: in the event of inclement weather, the following policy will be observed for CCD classes:
- If the public schools cancelled for the day, even if the storm has passed, classes will be CANCELLED
- If the public schools dismiss classes early on account of the weather, classes will be CANCELLED
If the public schools have class, but weather advisories are in place:
- If a Winter Weather Advisory is in effect during the time CCD classes meet, classes WILL BE HELD
- If a Winter Storm Watch, but not yet a warning, is in effect during the time CCD classes meet, classes WILL BE HELD
- If a Winter Storm Warning is in effect for any time BEFORE 6 pm, CCD classes will be CANCELLED
In light of recent changes in health directives for Lincoln, the CCD policy for COVID-19 in the 2021-22 school year will be as follows:
- Masks are required for both students and faculty.
- St. Mary’s will only accept medical exemptions to the masking requirements upon receipt of a note signed by a physician or other licensed primary care provider.
- Medical exemptions MUST go through Fr. Walsh, and MUST be done prior to the first day of class. You can contact him at 402-435-2125.